Sunday, November 02, 2008

Interesting

I find it interesting that when I first started this blog, I would say just about anything. I did not worry about who would see it. I didn't have many friends. I was a stay home mom trapped in an unhappy marriage. I didn't care. I made the blog private for a time because my ex wouldn't stay off of it, questioned me about stuff that was none of his business. When I made it public again I was a new person. I had a job, people I work with, more friends and acquaintances that might come across the blog. I edited all my old entries, hid some posts. I decided to keep some things to myself.

I'm more careful about what I say online now. It isn't that I have anything to hide, it's just that some things are personal. Some things aren't meant to be shared with the world. Some things are best left to private emails and conversations with friends. I love this blog, it was very therapeutic and most likely the first thing that started me towards freedom from a loveless marriage.

It will remain here, no matter how rarely I post.

3 comments:

Xmichra said...

I found that the last blog that i had (aka the big bad blog) aired way too much dirty laundry. I like the one i have now which basically goes through life and things that are idealic. Instead of being a site used to vent and get out all the things i hated, this new site is just.. normal. And maybe that is the point of blogging. I don't know. But the cathartic effect of the Big Bad Blog was good for my transition into goodness too.

I know what you mean, even though our paths were different.

Ray said...

How remarkably similar were our paths! :) The blogging is therapeutic. But therapy is often painful. My S2BX had major problems with my blog, and I have learned to keep things to myself.

It's helpful to go back and read the past. If we don't learn from it, we are doomed to repeat it, right?

I'm glad you're public again.

Tobiwan said...

I have a theory that the more you reveal, the more theraputic it can be.

I suppose it helps that I'm a guy and the prospect of being stalked only amuses me.

Happy belated halloween!