Sunday, December 07, 2008

Quick Rundown...

So Tuesday the Ex says he's laid off. Wednesday, he got the job he'd been wanting for three or four years, coinky dink? I think not. He is going to be working at the Naval EOD school on Eglin Air Force Base near Destin Florida. In an instruction capacity. He went through the school there nine years ago.

So he waited til yesterday to pack up. He's on his way here now to leave Tristin with me. It will be late, very late. I have to get her enrolled in school tomorrow. When I told him we have to get up around 6:30 he said, and I quote, "I don't give a fuck." Nice.

But I'm calm. Things are going to be good, assuming he keeps those checks rolling in. He is afraid of losing his security clearance since I went to child support services last year, so I don't see a problem there. And in a few months I will have the money to finally make it all permanently over. Two and a half years to get a full divorce. Tennessee divorce law sucks.

And I'm still calm. My baby is coming home after almost a year. She will be better, we will be better, things WILL be better. I'm in a better place, I'm calm. And I will get her the therapy I told her father she needed a year ago. Divorce is hard on older kids. My little one was just two when it ended, she doesn't really remember before it was just us. We are going to take it one step at a time.

And I'm calm.

5 comments:

Xmichra said...

This is huge! but calm.. lol..

I hope Tristin feelas okay with this transition... you are right divorce is harder on the older kids. And her dad not "wanting" her to live with him in florida will likely have a huge impact on her. Poor kid. Therapy is a very good idea.

(((hugs)))

Tobiwan said...

I'm sure you might have to spend some time deprogramming her from your ex, but I'm glad to hear she'll be spending the holidays with you and her baby sis.

Thinking happy, calming thoughts for you.

Rayna said...

Having your baby come home counts for a lot. The calm is a good thing.

Tennessee Divorce Law DOES suck. Worse than a frickin' Hoover. I just want to be divorced, dammit.

Tamarai said...

Hectic stuff, girl. You sound strong and that's a powerful thing.

Much light and love

Lola Starr said...

I'm glad she's coming home. It sounds like it's definitely for the best. Therapy sounds like it would be good too. Stay calm and remember to breathe. It'll all be okay. :)