Friday, August 19, 2005

Fiction Friday

The cop was having a nice lunch with his friend. Just minding his own business on his own time. His friend was dressed casually in t-shirt and jeans. Another off-duty cop? Possibly. I watched them from my table across the food court. I could only see the cop from behind but his friend was clean cut with a thin mustache. I wondered if they would be done soon.

That is when I saw him. He was perfect. He had long scraggly hair, a bushy mustache, and his arms were covered in tattoos that the black t-shirt didn't hide at all. His ears were not just pierced but had the stretched lobes as well. His whole appearance screamed hippie meets tribal. Except for the baby stroller he was pushing.

He ordered from the pizza place and chose a table two rows on the other side of the cop and his friend. I glanced over to see they were about done, I would have to make my move soon.

7 comments:

bubbles said...

well i did it....I have no idea what I am doing either! Will get help from you at a later date! I hope you are happy! lol.....oh I am waiting for the rest of the story!

Chris said...

Wow! Oh, this is just too tantalizing! Love it! The first reaction is to assume she's going to ask him out, but her concerns over the cop lead one toward more... sinister thoughts. Very nice.

But yes...more? Please?

ghartstein said...

MOve...?? What kind of move??? Tell us dammit!!! Off to a great start Kat. Keep it coming!

Rae Ann said...

What an awesome set up! I love it! You've got to run with this one!

Kat said...

Thank you everybody! I have already started on the ending of it. I will post it next friday!!

SierraBella said...

Oh, a cliff-hanger!
You're going to make us wait until next Friday?

Chris said...

Awesome! And a cliffhanger to boot! I know it will be worth the wait!