Thursday, August 11, 2005

My silly baby

Yesterday my 19 month old wanted to go outside because her Daddy was here working on something. I wouldn't let her go, so she sat in the floor to cry, normal tot antics. Then she laid down and really got into it. So I told her to come to me (on the couch) and give me some lovings.

*very calmly* "no."

Excuse me? Did my sweet innocent tot just say her first no? "Come give momma kisses."

*tiny arms cross on chest* "no."

I was rolling. I mean I know you aren't supposed to laugh but it wasn't like I told her to do something she had to do. She was just mad at me and didn't want to love on me. It was even more funny because this was the first time she has actually said the word no. Although I'm sure it won't be the last time!

After her Daddy was done outside he took her for a ride and she gave me kisses later when she wasn't mad anymore!

7 comments:

Chris said...

That was funny. I know exactly what you mean about how you're not supposed to laugh, but it's just too funny the first time they refuse to do something. I forget my daughter's first "no". Likely it had to do with eating.

Kids are great, aren't they?

Chris said...

By the way, speaking of kids, I've been wanting to tell you that my daughter thinks your blog is, in her words, "really pretty".

skypilotjourneyman said...

nice. I enjoy those suprise moments in life...the come with a great kick!

Anonymous said...

mean baby....lol....how could you do that to her...lol

SierraBella said...

Just be real careful not to laugh when she says her first swear word... it's hard not to!

Michael Lehet said...

I've been saying No for a long time, you'll get used to it.

Rae Ann said...

I'm frequently guilty of laughing at the wrong times.