Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A weird little fellow

I was looking through my National Geographic and saw a picture of an animal I have never seen before. I was in total shock. I have never even heard of this little animal. It is called a fossa. It lives on the island of Madagascar off the coast of Africa. Apparently this guy is really shy and not many people have seen him. So I am putting him here. Oh, and he is endangered. I put a link here for those who are curious.

http://www.nwf.org/internationalwildlife/2000/fossa.html



fossa-He's a weird looking little fellow, isn't he?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the coolest thing I've ever seen. And I love its name. Just like I like the Capybara just for its name. It's the biggest rodent. Thanks for the pic!! COOL!

Kat said...

Capybara's are neat. They had them at the Little Rock zoo when we lived up there.

Michael Lehet said...

he almost looks like he's made of stone.

Thanks for putting a link on your site, you ROCK!