Friday, July 01, 2005

Little Cabin in the Woods

Once we got to the cabin, we unpacked and settled in. After a bit, we walked down to the swimming hole at the river. The two bigger kids (my T age 7 and my nephew D age 3) played in one little shallow area. We mommies sat with the babies (my B age 18 months and nephew TC 9 months) in a different shallow area. TC sat in the water and splashed until he was soaked. B wouldn't even put a toe in the first day.
The next day we took a walk and looked at the river from a different view. Back at the cabin we let the two big kids play in the creek that runs beside the cabin. Later in the afternoon we returned to the swimming hole at the river. B actually started playing in the water. I moved her a couple of times until she was sitting in the water playing with the rocks and making little splashes.
After we returned the babies to their strollers, it was time for the mommies to have some fun. We both jumped in the deeper area. It was so cold! I believe my exact words when I first came up were "Holy Sh..Sh...Sh...". But once we were out of the water, it was nice and warm. I almost did it again.
We also spent a lot of time sitting around doing nothing, something mommies don't get to do very often. I will post a few more pictures of the trip later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They both are right!

Rae Ann said...

That makes me want to take my kids up there. It's funny how we can live so close to the mountains and not go.