Sunday, July 24, 2005

School

My daughter starts her first year at public school in two in a half weeks. She will be a third grader, and we have homeschooled until now. We both liked homeschooling, but were becoming weary of it and decided on a break. They are just finishing a brand new elementary school close to us, so this seemed like a good time to try it out. I will be watching her work closely to make sure she isn't having trouble. We are both excited and nervous about this new experience for her. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

SierraBella said...

Interacting with other children (in the traditional school environment) should be helpful.
Nice that she gets to start in a whole new school!
Good luck to you both.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck and i hope you don't prove me wrong! LOL!

Chris said...

Wow. Best of luck to you and your daughter. And yes, it's nice that it's a brand new school, since it will then be a new experience for everyone.

Rae Ann said...

How exciting for her! And you. I think you'll be pleased with how things go. I can't wait for school to start!

ghartstein said...

Third grade's a big year...I used to teach it! It can be a really fun year too! I'm sure she'll do great! BEst of luck!