Monday, July 25, 2005

Too hot to swim

Here in the south we have finally hit that time of summer where it is too hot to swim. I suppose if we were closer to the ocean, it wouldn't be so bad. Tomorrow the girls and I shall escape to the mountains where it must be a little cooler. We are going to pack a picnic, and take the dog too. The dog hates outside more than us right now. She is a golden retriever, very fluffy. She goes out to do her business and sprints back into the cool air conditioned home. But she loves the water, so I thought we could let her play in that cool mountain river.

5 comments:

skypilotjourneyman said...

mmm...I love the mountains.

Are you going to Cherokee National Forest? Cade's Cove? Those are my stompin grounds!

Speakin of which...I was hangin out in knoxville the other day...

anywho :)

Anonymous said...

poor dog.....you should shave her and give her icewater to drink!

Rae Ann said...

Yeah, swimming in a pool that's as warm as a bathtub just isn't very refreshing! Have fun in the mountains!

SierraBella said...

Enjoy!
We live in the foothills, and I'm kicking myself that we didn't go a little higher up the mountains!

ghartstein said...

It was 110 here two days ago...the pool was my only salvation. The pool water was 88 without the cover!