Thursday, February 12, 2009

Damn Carbs

So I've been reading a little more and I knew the carbs were going to have to be cut down, but I was clueless as to what all they are in! Even my yogurt has too many! I googled the lite version of it though, and it was ok. I also think I'm going to have to cut out sodas completely. I've cut back enormously the last half year or so. But maybe none. Or maybe just very limited, like a weekly treat or something. This is hard!

I'm just going to wing it for now, and in three months when I get re-tested I'll see if more changes need to be made or what.

5 comments:

Lola Starr said...

Giving up the soda really isn't too bad. I drank diet for a really long time, then read about a study where diet soda isn't actually good/better for you so switched back to regular. And then I just quit drinking soda for a long time and now, I drink it on occasion and can't even make my way through a whole CAN of it. I have to get those little teensy cute cans. :)

Kat said...

Karma: I LUVS those teensy cute cans!

I think for now, I will limit soda to very occasionally, like when we eat out. We only eat out once a week. That's a new rule I started a few weeks ago actually. Basically if I don't keep it around home or work I won't overdo it. After I get rechecked in a few months if I'm doing well, I may treat myself to a 6pack of those teensy cans occasionally. :)

Xmichra said...

But Karma is addicted to the crack which is redbull..lol... =P

I'm sorry Kat!! Ya, there are carbs in everything pretty much. But don't go to crazy, it is just the ones which trigger the event of tri0glys that are really all that bad, and it really isn't in moderaion.

Want to see something cool??
http://www.slimware.com/default.asp
these plates have designs on them in the proper portion servings of food to eat!! I thought it was nifty.

Kat said...

Xmichra: Those are neat! And pretty! It will probably take me a while to get completely balanced. I basically have to experiment and adjust based on my test results every few months. The exercise will help lots. And I love my new gym! Hopefully I'll find my balance before too long and it will be less confusing. :)

Leesa said...

I can't cut back on my soda. I want to, but I just can't.