Saturday, May 02, 2009

(Belated) Fiction Friday

I've had an idea for this story for a few weeks now. Late last night my brain suddenly became inspired and purged it out. It is very rough, but I liked it so I'm posting as is. I may edit it and re-post at a later time.

The Fan

He stepped inside the bar leaving the rain behind. He shook his arms to rid the black leather jacket of water then ran a hand through his hair. The rain had made him late, he didn't want to miss her. Walking through the inner doors he heard before he saw her. She sang the blues. Her voice like velvet, dark and sultry. Moving through the smokey bar he found a seat in the back. He wanted to observe her without being noticed. She wore a long midnight blue dress. It was fitted and clingy all the way down, with a slit up to the middle of her shapely thigh. As she turned it sparkled subtly in the gray room. It was backless and his gaze slid down to that perfect place at the small of her back. She turned again and his gaze shifted up to her full lips. He couldn't see her smokey blue eyes from here, but knew very well the depths of them. Her dark hair was pulled up with a few carefully placed tendrils framing her face.

It was over all too soon. Six songs a night, three times a week. He headed backstage with the single red rose as usual. He would leave it outside her door again. Maybe one day he would have the courage to give it to her face to face.

Maybe one day.

3 comments:

Xmichra said...

creepy!!! lol... i loved it though!

Rayna said...

The details are so rich!

At first, I was thinking secret admirer, but by the end, I'm with Mich on the creepy.

I love it.

Kat said...

Thanks guys. :)

I honestly hadn't decided where it was going when I was writing. It sort of wrote itself. That hasn't happened for me in a long time. Felt good. :)