Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Unintelligible ramblings

I realized to day that I have been avoiding something. I've pushed it aside and just flat don't think about it. It shouldn't bother me, but it does, so I don't think about it. I'm going to stick with that plan, it's working so far.

I've started wearing perfume more often. I have about four bottles I was never wearing, so now I spritz a bit on occasionally. I don't know if perfume can actually go bad or lose scent (Mich?). But it seems silly to have it and never wear it. I never wondered about what was in the perfume until recently. I looked up what I'm wearing today:

Very Sexy For Her Perfume by Victoria Secret for women. Launched by the design house of Victoria's Secret, Very Sexy For Her fragrance is vibrant and sensuous. It's the ultimate fragrance for the woman who loves everything about being a woman. This feminine scent possesses a blend of pimento, clementine, cactus flower, camellia, hydrangea, mimosa, white amber, musk, vanilla, and blackberries.

I looked up my favorite too:

RALPH LAUREN created SAFARI perfume in 1990. It is the result of the following top fragrance notes: orange, black currant and jasmine. The middle notes are: orris, rose and genet and the base of the fragrance is: sandalwood, cedarwood and vetiver. SAFARI perfume is recommended for casual use.

Now, I don't know how accurate those are. I just googled and found them. Sounds good to me though. :) Mimosa! I luvs mimosas. The tree, not the drink. Never had the drink actually. I should try it. Being Southern and all. Doesn't seem right that I haven't. Damn, now I'm going to have to go google the drink.

More ramblings laterish. I also have pictures I need to post. Brianna's first bike and all. Coming soonish!

3 comments:

Xmichra said...

mimosas are GOOD!! lol, but i like sangria :)

Perfumes don't go bad,, as such, but they change. Heat and light change the scent properties, so what would have smelled good to you could change drastically. Heat will make the top note more predominant (the very first smell when you spray the perfume, only lasts about five minutes) and the heart note (the one you smell the longest) and bottom note (the one you smell when the perfume wears off) will change from light exposure (usually it will weaken).

To keep a scent longer you can stick it in your freezer... but i wouldn't recomend it unless you have a dedicated perfume freezer (cuz it'll go in your food).

Kat said...

Well I always keep them inside a cabinet or drawer,s o I don't have to worry about light. The room they are in now doesn't get hot either. I was storing correctly and didn't know it. :)

Rayna said...

Perfume is a lovely pick-me-up, when I need a reminder that I can be feminine. I wear Blue by Ralph Lauren and Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker.

Ooooh, my word verification is "manlest" SOunds like something naughty I'd do to a guy!