Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Space: The Final Frontier

I finally saw Star Trek last weekend. First I have to say, I am totally not a Trekkie. I remember seeing the original in reruns AFTER seeing Star Wars. Of course that made it seem kind of silly, but I remember some of the characters. The characters are what stuck with me. I have not even seen all of the Star Trek movies with the original cast. I was a bit of a New Generation junkie though.

The new movie was most excellent! The new people playing old characters were awesome! The actors should get awards for capturing the original character and portraying them very convincingly. Of course Kirk was the least recognizable, but come on, Shatner is too classic to copy too well. ;) I was most worried about new Spock. See, I always loved old Spock. I can even do the vulcan salute without using my other hand to position my fingers. New Spock? I luvs him too. :)

So without giving away the movie, I had many wonderful geeky-I-know-what-that-refers-to-moments. But even someone who has no idea what Star Trek is would enjoy this. It is just a great Sci-Fi action packed movie. And it has a half naked green chick. Come on, who doesn't think a half naked green chick is interesting?

Live long and prosper.

2 comments:

Xmichra said...

half naked green chick is up there in the interesting category..lol.. ;)

I want to see the movie too. I was afraid of the new spock as well, but more because it is the actor who plays Sylar in Heros. I didn't know how that would look, ya know, with pointed ears. heh.

KarmaLennon said...

I saw this and really liked it too and I've never seen ANY Star Trek. I really like the guy who plays Spock. I'd only seen him in Heroes but there is something about him...oh my.... ;)