Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Fiction

First Kiss

The most romantic thing in the world is the soft caress of a gentle hand brushing your cheek. I can close my eyes and remember the first time he did that. We were sitting together on a bench by the lake watching the sunset. I looked up at him and found he was already watching me. There was just a brief quiet moment before he brushed my left cheek with the back of his hand. Then his fingertips gently lifted my chin as his face came closer to mine and he ever so softly kissed me for the first time. It was as if the world had stopped. I think I forgot to breathe.

I turned more towards him as his arms came around me. His kissed me again, more deeply as I put my arms around his neck. I don't know how long we remained like that. Wrapped together knowing nothing but each other. As we reluctantly pulled apart I noticed the sun was nothing more than a distant red glow on the surface of the lake. We walked holding hands back to his car. He opened my door and gave me one more gentle kiss before I got in.

We didn't speak as he drove me home. I rested my hand gently on his strong arm and enjoyed the silence. He waited while I unlocked my front door, then gave me the most passionate kiss of the night. I almost regretted my decision to take things slow this time. The anticipation of what would come was maddening, but I remained strong.


6 comments:

skypilotjourneyman said...

kat...well done - and thanks for posting in my blog. Where in East Tennessee are you?

Anonymous said...

next there will be a THUMP!

ghartstein said...

That was REALLY good! I better get the wife some flowers!

ghartstein said...

Love the new look on the blog too! Nice job!

Michael Lehet said...

That's beautiful. Good work.

Nick Danger said...

I think it was well written