Saturday, January 24, 2009

For Me

For the last eleven years I have been a mother. I very rarely do things for myself, and never do any really big things for me. Well, this week I have. And at the New Moon. (A few days early, but it needed to be on the weekend.)

So what is this big thing I've done for myself? I joined a gym. And signed up for multiple sessions with a trainer. My first session with a trainer is tomorrow. That was the expensive part, the trainer. I went to the gym with the intent to join. I have to do something, not just to look better but to feel better. Considering I know nothing about the machines or working out, I needed the trainer. So it's a treat for me. To make up for it I'll just tighten my budget more than I planned. That's no big deal, we are still doing better than we are used to doing. It's been a rough year, but we've made it and are doing better.

I'm not one of those women that spend a lot of money having their hair done or their nails done. I don't even get my eyebrows waxed anymore, I just pluck 'em myself the old fashion way. So a little extra money towards making myself fit and healthy is perfectly okay. I'm really excited about this. I have needed a change for a while, but just couldn't do anything about it. No time, no money. But now I've done it and I'm not going to waste a bit of it. :)

3 comments:

Lola Starr said...

This sounds awesome! And such a great way to do something for yourself. :)

Xmichra said...

good for you!! I went to curves and didn't find it very good. I thought about the gym here, but figured I should wait till I had an actual sleeping schedule. lol...

Very good on you Kat!!

Rayna said...

How very exciting! Most excellent!

I'm so pleased for you. You work hard and deserve to be able to enjoy it in ways that work for you. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts and encouragement. Good on you!