Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The One Where I Ramble a Little

Tonight I had my second training session. I am so sore! My abs hurt for two days after my first session. Tonight it's my thighs that are hurting. But I love my trainer! He's so comfortable to be with, and very patient. I don't dread going to the gym. I was nervous the first time, and a tad nervous this time, but more excited than nervous. And I saw the little hottie that first signed me up. That boy could have sold me the Brooklyn Bridge. ;) He did impress me by recognizing me and asking how I liked it. Most salesmen, which he basically is, completely forget you as soon as you have finished the sale.

It is no secret I am addicted to primetime. I have found a new show that's really awesome. Lie to Me, Wednesday nights at nine on Fox. It has Tim Roth in it (Incredible Hulk, Reservoir Dogs). He is delightfully anti-social. Sort of reminds me of Dr. House, only a little nicer. :)

The show brings science into seeing if someone is lying. If they had that class in college, I would have taken it and sat on the front row! I abhor liars. I don't understand lying and deception. Which unfortunately makes it easier for people to deceive me.

This show is awesome, check it out.

3 comments:

Lola Starr said...

I'm so glad the training is going well! That's awesome!!!

I *hate* liars. The truth is not nearly as complicated as you make it out to be. I should try watching this show.

Xmichra said...

i saw that show last night, it was really cool. I am with you on the whole front row of that class... would have been neat.

Everyone has the ability to lie, but those who do it perpetually and for hurtful reasons I don't get.

I can usually tell when people are lying to me, however if i trust a person i get blindsided.

I don't trust often for that reason.

(of note here, my word verification is "empica" which is a totally killer band!!..lol)

Rayna said...

The training sessions... oh, I am envious! :)

I set the DVR to record "Lie To Me" last night. I kept seeing the previews while watching Idol, so I couldn't resist. It looks excellent and clever.

I'd totally have been in such a class. I understand better than I should the drive to lie. In some cases. Although the pathological, malicious lies, I do not understand. Interestingly, for those who believe in lies of omission, EVERYbody lies. ALL the time. You can't help it, because everything you don't say is a lie.

Crazy psychology.