Monday, August 24, 2009

Busy

Friday night I steam cleaned the carpet in the living room, playroom, and entry of the apartment. It was gross! After only two years? And we take our shoes off at the entrance usually. Surely it wasn't all from the dog, I'm afraid the carpet wasn't so clean when we moved in. Yuck. I might go back over the living room one more time before returning the cleaner to work. I still need to do Tristin's room before we get her new bed, since it used to be storage. And I should do at least the front part of my room and the hall. The cats have a new extra huge ass cat litter box with lid, and the baby gates are GONE. Those were to keep the dog from eating the poop. Yuck.

Saturday I ran around with the girls doing fun stuff and getting paid back with bad attitudes and the persistant idea that I can do nothing right. I gladly dropped them off at my friend Stephanie's around four. ;) Saturday night I saw Inglorious Basterds. I didn't pick the movie, but was pretty much won over after the words "Brad Pitt". I'm a sucker for a Brad Pitt movie. If he isn't showing off his chest or dimples, he will at least be proving he's more than just a pretty face with fantabulous acting. And yes, I'm serious. :P

He played a character from Maynardville, TN. I gotta say he played crazy hillbilly dead on. Seriously. Even had a little "injun" in him. It was pretty hilarious. The movie was a Quentin Taratino movie, and considering what a crazy bastard he is, it was pretty gross at parts. But I liked it. It was morbidly delightful. After Stephen King, Mr. Tarintino might be my favorite crazy ass creative type. Gee, I hope I spelled his name right. Someone correct me if I didn't.

Sunday I slept late. Very late, almost noon. The movie didn't let out until after one and it was well after three before I went to sleep. It was great, I don't get to stay out late and sleep late very often. :)

The rest of the day was getting groceries and more cleaning. I am bound and determined to downsize and get rid of anything we don't use. It just takes so much time to sort and figure out what to get rid of! Then there's the putting up of the stuff that remains. By the time we are settled, we may decide to move again. LoL.

5 comments:

Xmichra said...

you denied the puppy of the citty cookies??!! evil. lmao...

Tarintino, or how ever you spell it, is one of my least favorite people to ever make movies. I have liked all of two things from him, and that's be the kill bills. other then that, can't think of a single movie he made that i liked. Which apparently is odd and crazy compared to the rest of humanity. but still. that is my prefrence.

Kat said...

I liked the Kill Bills, but hated that double feature he put out. It was gross! But I think a lot of people didn't like those. I just like his twisted sense of humor. LoL. The Basterd movie was way better than the omg-I-have-a-gun-for-a-leg-cuz-zombies-ate-mine movie. :/

Lola Starr said...

I loved Grindhouse! But then again, I watch the original genre from the 70s so that could be why. ;) Not so excited about Inglorious Basterds. Brad Pitt kind of annoys me these days. I think he's a good actor but I tihnk the whole Brangelina thing has overwhelmed whatever talent he may have had? If that makes sense?

Anyway, glad you had fun and got to sleep late and have a kid-free night! :) And good luck with the rest of the cleaning stuffs, sounds like you've got most of it done!

Xmichra said...

totally disagree Karma, i am so much more infatuated with teh details of Brangelina its sick. Really sick. Like, I would babysit their children just to find stuff out and see whats in the medicine cabnet sick.

;P

Kat said...

LoL That's bad Mich. I'm in the middle myself. I don't mind hearing about them, but don't search it out. I luvs them both as actors though. :)