Saturday, August 29, 2009

Save the ta-tas!

I have signed up for a 5K run in October. If you would like to donate in my name you can do so here. Most of the money stays locally in Knoxville, TN but 25% goes to breast cancer research in general.

I am running a timed race, and this will be the first of many. I'm nervous, excited, and scared to death. What if I'm the last one in like when I was a kid? There are going to be a ton of non-timed people walking and such so I guess I won't be last. But I have crazy flashbacks from gym class as a kid. Me, athletic? Who knew.

I still have breathing issues when running. I was told at an expo that I may have exercise induced asthma. I would need an inhaler ONLY before running or doing some other aerobic type thing. I go for an appointment to be tested next Tuesday morning. So we will see. I think I would be relived to find out I do. It would be much worse if I simply cannot run a mile without walking part of the time.

I will update everyone next week. :)

3 comments:

Xmichra said...

excersize induced asthma?? never heard of that! well, it would be okay as long as it doesn't mess you up too badly!

when is the deadline for donation?

Kat said...

The race is October 24th. I would assume you can donate all the way up to it.

Lola Starr said...

This is awesome! Yay you!!! I can't wait to hear how the race goes. :)