Friday, August 28, 2009

Fiction Friday

I Am Me

I am a writer.
Although I do not
get paid for it
And I have never written a book.

I am a runner.
But not very
talented at it.
No races will ever be won by me.

I am a mother.
Even when they
drive me nuts
And I do not know what I am doing.

I am a lover.
Touching softly
feeling deeply.
Learning when to hold on and when to let go.

I am alone.
At home or work,
in the car or in a crowd.
Even though loneliness terrifies me.

I am all these things
And more and none.
Unable to chose only one path.
Unwilling to let go of the many pieces of me.

2 comments:

Xmichra said...

nicely done :) you forgot some pieces though, you are a friend, you ae spiritual, and you are a MINI cooper lover. lol...

Kat said...

LoL. Yes I am all that too. I just hit the specifics that were jumping out at me at the time. :)