Friday, March 13, 2009

Roller Coaster Day

Wednesday was very much a roller coaster of events. It started on the down end when I tried to put a skirt on that I hadn't worn in a while. Nearly two years ago I wore it all the time. I couldn't even begin to zip it...

...so I put on some slacks. I needed to dress nicer than usual to go to a seminar at the Marriott downtown. This was definitely an up. Something different to do, I always learn something new when I go, and it included a free continental breakfast...

...but they didn't have very much fruit. Some honeydew and cantaloupe slices. Very few strawberries and blueberries added for garnishment. I like cantaloupe, but wanted more berries. They had way more fruit last year. And a bigger room, more tables, etc. Damn economy. So another down...

...then I saw that they had Chamomile tea! Revolution Golden Chamomile Herbal Tea. Very awesome. I had two cups. :) I stayed fairly up for the rest of the day at work. I was pretty busy since the first half of the day was at the seminar. Then home and on to the gym. I love the gym. I love workouts with my trainer. But then...

...my ankle gave out during an exercise. I landed on my left foot then BAM, my ass hit the floor. It hurt terribly for about thirty seconds...

...then it was fine, just a little tender so we finished my workout. The rest was focused on upper body anyway. It was a really good work out and I felt good...

...until later that night when I could barely walk on my left foot. :( I iced and elevated it and it felt a little better the next morning. Today it's just a little sore and I'm sticking with rest until Sunday.

I do not like roller coaster days. I prefer smooth sailing. But things work out for a reason. Apparently I needed a couple of days rest and my body decided to tell me the hard way. :/

1 comment:

Xmichra said...

ya.... our bodies are brutal sometimes. they scream SIT NOW in a whole different way don't they?? lol...