Saturday, March 28, 2009

Springtime in East Tennessee

Xmichra posted some pictures of how much snow they still have, so I decided to post pictures of my flowers.

These planters "guard" the entry way onto my porch from our sliding door and the stairs to other patios.








And we go around for the tour of the porch...









Tulips, marigolds, and daisies! Oh my!

(And my lil gnome.)







The sage and Italian oregano is returning just fine, but no sign of new growth from the rosemary.








The purple stuff smells AWESOME!










Spring feet!
(Brianna's)


















Brianna found these broken off at the garden center and gave them to me. :)








From a scavenger hunt the girls played.

4 comments:

Xmichra said...

i am so jealous!!! lol.. it is definately spring if you can wear flip flops! I am still wearing winter snow boots...lol!

Kat said...

Yes, Brianna wore flip flops yesterday, but today we are wearing jackets and warm clothes again! So goes spring in East Tennessee.

Aleta said...

Hi, Kat -
I was browsing and found your blog. I live in east TN also - Hancock County. Your flowers are so pretty! I love your gnome too! I have a little herb garden outside and everything that should, comes back except for the rosemary. I replanted it again last year but it doesn't look very promising. Maybe I need to plant it in a pot and bring it inside for the winter.
I like your blog!

Tobiassen Twain said...

The Garden variety Gnomes are the coolest! I'm thinking of having some even though I don't have a garden.