Thursday, December 08, 2005

NEW ARRIVAL!


Here is my sis, the lovely mommy holding our newest family member. She was born Wednesday night. 8lbs, 1oz. These pictures were taken Thursday afternoon.





Here is my oldest peeking at her. She has dark skin and a full head of black hair. She also has really long toes just like her mommy who got them from our grandmother. My oldest has the same feet too! How neat for them as cousins to have a feature that matches.




Here is my hubby holding the baby and my little one. The baby got upset and B was trying to soothe her, we think. She was very gentle when she touched her. I was very proud. She can't say the baby's name yet. She can't say her 'L's yet. So she just calls her "baby".




Check out that dark hair. She's even a bit more red than my babies were when they were born. We have a bit of Cherokee in us, mostly no one notices, but we have a few tendencies we inherited from that branch of our family tree.

7 comments:

Angela said...

What a beautiful baby girl, Congrats!!! Auntie :)

Erin said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby!

I have a thing for babies born with a full head of hair, as mine were not.

Congrats again!

Xmichra said...

Congrats on being a new Auntie!!

babies are so small and cute! I love a small babies cry, it just breaks your heart! It is so small but so powerful!

Sar said...

Aw, so sweet. Beautiful family all around. Best wishes to all. :)

ghartstein said...

Congrats! The baby is beautiful!

Michael Lehet said...

How adorable. My boss had a baby on Tuesday morning in Chicago, I hope they didn't mix the babies up?

Congratulations to everyone involved!

If she had a boy would that make you an Uncle?

Kat said...

Thank you everyone!

And Michael, you're silly.