Friday, November 04, 2005

My poor baby is sick!

Not bad sick. Just a cold. But don't you hate it when they are little, and are sick, and they don't understand why they feel bad? She will be 22 months old on Sunday! When did she get so big? And silly too. She was just a little sick when she first woke up this morning. She had a stuffy nose at first, then it became a runny nose. I gave her some benedryl, and she played as usual. After her nap when I picked her up, she felt a little warm, and was just a bit lathargic. Poor baby!

I didn't want to give her milk because of the little fever, so I told her I would make her some tea. Now, this baby LOVES her tea. So I put her in her high chair, and go into the kitchen to make some (she can see me in there from her seat). I warm water in the microwave, while B says "tea!" about every twenty seconds. Water into sippy cup, tea bag in water, and I tell her it has to sit for a minute. When it is ready I add sugar and a bit more water to cool it, put the lid on it and sit it on the tray. B starts to pick up the cup but pushes it away and says "tea!" in an angry little voice. So I put a couple of ice cubes in the tea and shake the sippy cup until it is cold. Then I sit it on the tray. B touches the cup, says "tea!" in a now happy little voice, and drinks it down. Apparently she prefers her tea iced.

She's such a little southern belle.

5 comments:

Xmichra said...

oohh I could just squish the cheeks!!heee!!

She loks like she is ready to go.. dressed to the nines and with mommys bank card.. haha

Sam said...

OMG she is so cute. I'll trade you for a day!

ghartstein said...

She's adorable. Hope she's feeling better!

Chris said...

Aww. Yeah, I used to hate it when my daughter got sick that young. They can't tell you what's wrong, and they just get so miserable. Hope the little belle is feeling better. :)

Rae Ann said...

oh, she's a doll! My two younger ones have been sick too.