Friday, November 11, 2005

No fiction this Friday

We are all over the colds here, but just barely. Because of that I haven't had time to come up with anything for fiction friday. Especially since I am now behind in all the laundry and cleaning that doesn't do itself when Mommy is sick.

I did have one accomplishment this week. My oldest (in third grade) had to write a paper and make a shoebox habitat for an animal. She picked the polar bear and I gave her an Animal Encyclopedia, and the regular encyclopedia for polar bears. She wrote an awesome paper! I helped her a little with grammar and had her move one part, then she rewrote it last night, and I helped her make the shoebox thing. We were so excited when I found the snow glitter! Simple habitat, blue and white paper, cotton ball clouds, a drawn iceberg (with snow glitter on it), and a polar bear printed off the computer.

DAMN! I just remembered I forgot to take a picture of it. I will get a picture later and post it! That reminds me, I haven't transferred Halloween pictures yet. *sigh* A mother's work is never done.

3 comments:

Xmichra said...

sounds like you guys did well in the shoebox crafts!

I know what it is like to be sick and have your whole house fall apart. Much needed stregth and indurance I will be wishing uponyou.. laudgry, argh.

Kevin said...

I'm waiting for friction friday.

Rae Ann said...

Glad you all are over your cold. Strep throat is making its rounds in my house. My boys had it Friday and now I've got it. :-(