Saturday, July 08, 2006

Rambles

Well, I had planned to do a big long rambly post last night, but then I didn't feel like it. I suppose I should have typed it all up when I had it on my mind, but life interrupted. I went to Blockbuster last night. They do have the first season of Grey's Anatomy. One copy, and of course it was rented out. So I'll just have to keep an eye out for it. I rented The Pink Panther instead. Steve Martin is always good for a laugh. It was funny in a stupid kind of way.

I have this old computer that I wanted to give my mom because the old one she has (which Bubbles was sweet enough to give her when she got a new one) is starting to act up. But my old computer was all messed up and needed to be wiped clean. Only I couldn't find the original startup disks. Well, yesterday afternoon I was puttering around and came across a half empty box from way back when we moved. The disks I needed were in there. Don't you love it when something you have been looking for a long time finally shows up when you least expect it?

I'm going completely backwards on this post. Early yesterday I dropped my mom off at the store, and while she was shopping the girls and I went to get something to eat. I didn't want to eat inside the restaurant, so we went to this little park I hadn't been to in years. They had a new play area, but the old wading pool they used to have isn't used anymore. I met the two most interesting women. They both had boys with them, but looked grandmother aged, not mom aged. And one had two dogs. A black fluffy one and a yellow lab. Both of them sat right by my foot at different times, (the dogs, not the women) and they didn't even know me. The lab cracked T up because she stood on her hind legs and drank out of the water fountain. Funny as hell, but makes me never want to use water fountains again. They were all so friendly. I told the women how I played there one summer as a kid, but then we moved further down and I didn't go back until I was in middle school and was old enough to walk that far to the library that's right above the park. But the most interesting thing is the ginormous tree I loved as a kid is still there, and so are these huge rocks that erupt from the ground that they just left there when they made the park instead of busting them up and moving them. Stupid me didn't take the camera, but I suppose that just give me an excuse to go back, don't you think?

We leave on our vacation two weeks from next Monday. We are going on a road trip and we have four different destinations we want to see. I am taking my laptop with me, so I will try to check in with everyone at least every couple of days. I don't think I've already posted about some of the places we want to see. Wouldn't it be fun for you guys to guess where we are headed? I could post hints about it while we are there and then let everyone know where we were when I post more hints for the next location! But there are a few of you that already know, so no fair you guessing. The only thing is I usually do all my photo stuff on my home computer. But I guess I could do just my vacation pictures on the laptop. Anyone have any more ideas?

Looks like I ended up with a long rambly post after all.

5 comments:

truckdriver_sefl said...

I love finding things I thought were lost and yes PLEASE take your laptop and keep us posted!

Smurf said...

SOunds like a blast. I hope it is! :) The guessing sounds fun too.

Miz BoheMia said...

Yes, unexpected surprises are great! Especially when it is something you wonder about and then there it is! It is the most magical feeling wouldn't you say?

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your day with us and I'm looking forward to Kat's Road Trip reports.:)

Sar said...

Per chance would you be coming to VA? *hint hint* :)