Sunday, July 16, 2006

Savvy?

First, check out the spiffy count down clock I put on the sidebar for my vacation! I also have some people to add to my favorite places, but haven't gotten to it yet. It's coming soon, I promise.

Today I took the girls to the mountains. We ate sandwiches at our favorite spot then went down by the stream/river/whatever which you have to go over rocks to get to. It's our favorite thing to do. It was nice and cool and breazy up there and we took our shoes off to get our feet wet. The water was very chilly. Then we took a ride around the loop at Cades Cove again. We saw a pretty large buck, and several does in different spots. A good time was had by all, unfortunately Mommy forgot the camera.

Saturday I went to the movies. On the way there I saw the funniest thing. I passed a truck, as in eighteen wheeler and there was a cockatoo looking at me! Yes, a big white bird. I didn't have my camera then either. I have to tell you about one preview too. It is a movie coming out around Christmas Night at the Museum it looks hilarious. Hell, just look at a sample of the cast, Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Mickey Rooney, Dick Van Dyke! Yes, Dick Van Dyke. I love that guy.

As for the movie, I saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean. It had funny moments, silly moments, and even a few completely ridiculous moments. And I loved every minute of it! Johnny was, well, being Johnny, and everyone loves Johnny! Orlando Bloom is easy on the eyes and ears, even when he isn't being an elf. Kiera Knightly is pretty, funny, and spunky, although she really needs to gain a few pounds. Speaking of, she was in Pride and Prejudice, and the tiny little short guy in that movie is in this movie too. I have no idea what his real name is. It just sort of cracked me up to see him as a completely different character. Davey Jones, now there's a character. His head is a squid or maybe an octopus. But he only uttered two sentences before I figured out what actor was underneath. I had to look his name up, Bill Nighy. He's one of those guys that has little roles here and there, but you can't put your finger on what, which is odd considering how distinctive he is.




I know a lot of people didn't like the movie. But my inner child hasn't quite matured all the way and pirates are fun, who wouldn't want to be a pirate? They are tough and fun and free and wear awesome boots! Sword fighting, treasure hunting! And of course there is the thought of being a woman, not taken, but willingly submitting to a scruffy yet handsome bad boy pirate...umm..yeah. You know, I think I'll save that little train of thought for later. ;)






6 comments:

Kelli said...

I went and saw it this weekend too..and I really liked it. But the next one better come out awfully quick so we can find out what happens!

Love the song btw..they played this at AD's wedding and then we played it at my moms funeral. Makes me teary every time I head it.

Xmichra said...

i can't wait to see this movie! I have heard reviews.. but i think like you I am in it just for the pirates. hehe. But I think Johny is the one to see.. orlando is.. well.. he ain't pretty to me without the ears. heh.

~ good girl ~ said...

I get it! I get it! The bad boy pirate thing. lol. For a while back in the days, I wanted to marry into the mob, be Mrs "Son of Don who is handsome, strong, resilient, resourceful, mysterious and yet oh so tender". It was after I'd spent the whole night watching Godfather trilogy with the girls.

Have yet to see Pirates but will get to it soon.

GG x

Angela said...

The count down thingy is cool :-) So, any hints where the first stop of vacation venture is?. Hubb-z & I haven't gone to see Pirate's yet. We went to see "Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift" a week ago instead. Pretty good film. He liked it cause he got to see things he misses from Japan. He travels there at least 2 times a year now. Still wants me to go, but I don't think I could handle that long of a plane ride without major sedation UGH!! *lol*. It's not the plane itself, it's the whole Closterphobia thing I have..Any-hoo..You & the Cutie Pies Have a Great Day!! :-)

Sar said...

I love Johnny Depp and think he's fantastic as Jack Sparrow. But the first one was so much better in my opinion. I like pirates and sword fighting, but the gross out factor outweighed it all for me and was highly distracting. And Orlando Bloom...hmm, too boyish young for my taste.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it though. :)

GERBEN said...

I have not seen the new pirates movie. I'm sure I'll wait tell it comes out on DVD.

Now about that whole giving yourself to a bad boy pirate. Hmmm, only if he looks like Johnny. Yum!