Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bad dreams and homecomings

My toddler woke me up a bit after 4 am. She's been doing it for a couple of weeks always between 3 and 5. Anyway, I calm her down and get her going back to sleep and I go back to bed. I had the most terrible dreams, very intense and they bounced around a couple of different ways. It was the kind you wake up feeling bad from.


Then this afternoon I found out that hubs is on his way home. Right now. Should be here tomorrow night. The contract ran out, or out of money, or something. He is here a day or two then to Texas to out-process. Then he has two different jobs lined up. One a contract here in the states, the other, I'm not sure what it is actually. But it's in Maryland, and no, I'm not moving. I'm really not sure what we are doing, where we are going, or if we are even a we anymore. I don't think I was ready to deal with this yet, I thought I had a couple more months to pretend everything is fine.

Fuck. I have a headache.

8 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Kat, how ya been?

Angela said...

WOW Kat... So much on your plate and school right around the corner for ya. Good luck with the hubs thing tomorrow. I'll be thinkin bout ya..

truckdriver_sefl said...

I'll be thinking about you. Take care!

Kelli said...

That sucks Kat...Im sorry..

Lola Starr said...

Sorry to hear about the dreams and the other. :( I'm sure things will work out for the best. They always do somehow.

Rae Ann said...

I really hate when I have dreams that linger like that. I hope you're feeling a little better by now. It's been a busy week with school and stuff. You know we're here for you.

~ good girl ~ said...

you can "pretend" however long you want so long as you know what your real thoughts are. And in time, you'll attend to them. It cld still be a good thing. Maybe it's the catalyst we need to lay cards on table, set you breathing free a little.

However it is, soft kisses all around.

GG xo

ghartstein said...

One thing I found...if you don't try to overengineer things, they seem to work out the way they're supposed to...

Good luck!