Thursday, August 03, 2006

The National Zoo

On our trip, I tried to go places we adults would enjoy, but also the kids wouldn't be bored silly. Which isn't easy as far apart in age as my kids are. The first day in Washington DC we went to the National Zoo.

Of course, the kitties were one of my favorites! Aren't they sweet?!?! We have cheetahs at our zoo, but the area they are in here sucks and you can never see them.










The giraffe made me feel shorter.














Everytime I look at this picture the Miami Vice (the show, not the new movie) theme song pops in my head.








There was a baby sloth bear. He was six months old.











Panda in a tree. None of us had seen a panda in person before.











This is the new baby Panda, Tai Shan. He turned one earlier in July. The mom is in the back if you look close. At one point he rolled around and the whole crowd went "awww" at the same time. He was sooooo cute!

4 comments:

Xmichra said...

cool pictures! I don't think i have ever seen a panda in person either.

Tamarai said...

Excellent pix, but I have to say that my fave would also have been the big kitties.

GERBEN said...

I love the pics. Again. Don't I say that all the time? What can I say? I love having the chance to glimpse into my blogger friends world. And what better way than through pictures. :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Angela said...

I just love zoo's. I still want to go to the one in Atlanta. You'd think as many times as I've been in Atlanta I would've been. Not yet:-). I haven't been to the Knoxville one in years..
This one looked like it was real fun..