Thursday, September 14, 2006

The making of a card

This is the picture I found for the front of my Halloween card. I know it's more fallish than Halloween, but I couldn't find anything else I liked. I wanted to credit the artist, but the site was foreign and I couldn't figure out a name.

I wrote a cutsie Halloween poem to go in it too, I'll probably put it up later, get opinions before I send them out to family.



I need to get the girl's pictures taken in their costumes to put in the cards. I don't do that every year, but I might this year. I need to see how long it will take to get them back first, I haven't even started on B's costume, and I'm making it (well, buying sweats and decorating it I should say). I might just take them somewhere fallish, take pictures myself and order wallets from Kodak, they will get here in just a few days. Now that I type it, that sounds like a fantastic idea. hehe. I'll post those too when I get them. :)

Oh, and I'm inspired by Xmichra's new sign off "peace, kittens, and rainbows" to come up with my own sign off. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Lola Starr said...

No suggestions on the sign-off but I really love the card. :)

Kelli said...

I think that is a great Halloween card! Perfect for you!

Xmichra said...

I echo karmas thought =P

I have a hard time to think of a sign off that isn't totally not me. But i feel the nessesity to close off like that. Silly huh?

Peace, kittens and rainbows =P

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Kat

for you: JAM

Miz BoheMia said...

Oh I love that picture! I absolutely love fairies and the pics you put up are always lovely! This one is breathtaking! I wanna be her!

~ good girl ~ said...

damn, kat!! why do you find these pictures?? It's so beautiful...

I think little kat-girls will love it! Imgine when they're grown up and looking back on these cards you're making. I'll be all warm and fuzzy inside if I were them :-)

Post them!!

GG xo

ghartstein said...

I don't know about the sign off, but do you have the number of the girl who posed for the photo? And does she have a Centaur friend? OK, that may be taking it a little too far....

bubbles said...

great idea for the card....i like it....was i not supposed to see it yet? I am family....hmmm. I think the signature for you are all the fairies. I have never seen so many in one place.