Friday, February 03, 2006

B's new bed

Here is a picture of B's new bed. We had to run out and buy her a new one after Daddy broke the old one. The old one had those little hard plastic latches at each end of the front panel to hold the piece in place. Apparently Daddy yanked to hard once and it popped off. Now, being fair, the bed was about 11 years old. My aunt used it with her youngest then passed it to me three years later when I had my oldest. B was the third kid to sleep in it.

When T was this age, she moved to a toddler bed, but little B still falls off of stuff too much for that! This bed is a convertible one. It is so neat! That front piece that is lowered in the picture comes off and it becomes a toddler day-bed. Then when she out grows that we buy a new frame and the back part can be used as a headboard on a full sized bed. Needless to say, this chick is getting her moneys worth!



And to top it off, as if we hadn't scarred the baby for life enough. About a month after buying the new bed the front part broke! A small piece of wood splintered off where a screw had gone in wrong. Manufacturing glitch. I called Babies R Us where we bought it, and they let me bring in just that part and swap it with another from a different box. Now, I started to take the part off with B in the room, she just bawled! Poor baby. So I took her to her Grammie's house came home and swapped it out, put it back together, and picked her up. She doesn't even know I did it!

7 comments:

bubbles said...

mean daddy! lol!!

Michael Lehet said...

Poor thing....she thought you were getting rid of her bed.

Do they make those for adults?

Anonymous said...

what a neat bed..but where is the combo DVD/7"flatscreen tv that goes on the railing? lol

ps..I'm telling Mr.Kat the minute he goes out of town you started. redecorating...geeeeesh!
tc

Chris said...

Aww. Poor girl. My daughter would get like that too. Even the smallest little piece of something becomes dear to them. Too cute. :)

And I like the new look!

ghartstein said...

It's amazing what freaks kids out, isn't it!

Xmichra said...

not to do with the bed.. but I love the new look!

Angela said...

How cute.. Love the new look of the blog too :-)