Saturday, February 11, 2006

Game Time

Stolen from Xmichra:

It’s time to play a game, dontcha think?

And this is an easy one that you all can play along with, here are the rules:

1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating.

He nodded with a half smile that was trusting and grateful and kind. He went on out the door. I stood trembling, listening to him make the stairs, and then the carriageway.

From Blood Canticle by Anne Rice. I haven't even had time to read this book yet! Maybe that's what i will do tonight.



Here is the overflowing bookcase just behind my seat at the desk. You can see the book I used on the top of the tallest stack! I really need to get another book case, or two. The other three I have are just as full!

3 comments:

bubbles said...

ACK! I need to come help clean that up!!!! ummm I forgot was I supposed to post here what page 123 says?? ahhh man that means I am gonna have to go read it again and see that mess and do NOTHING about it! Get those shelves!!!

Chris said...

I would agree. You definitely need a new bookcase. I recently managed to get all my books on shelves and in some sort of order. It made me happier than it probably should have, but one thing I need to have organized is my books.

Xmichra said...

nice quote! I have read a lot of Anne rice books.. but I havent read that one yet. Should go pick it up..hmm.

I have a simmilar problem with my books.. thankfully the 'craft room' i have has a ledging that runs around the room and I have stacked up there. Up and down and all around!! It's like a wall of books. Sucks for getting a book out though.

I am pretty sure I could have found thousands of 'pretentious' lines in those. Most are from college.. and D&D *winks*