Sunday, February 26, 2006

Weekend Plans

I decided to work on my house this weekend. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but most room in this house needs to be painted. I don't think any of the rooms have been painted since the house was built (about 9 years), except for the girls rooms. T's room has a nice mural in it, every wall. It has grass, a tree, and water with a ship full of SEC mascots. We had to explain to her what those were. It was apparently painted for a baby boy two owners ago. I added decals of butterflies, bees, and flowers to the mural and a poster of Disney Princesses on the closet door to girl it up a bit. I offered to put her dresser in front of the ship, but she said she liked it. Little B's room we painted light yellow and I put up Winnie the Pooh decals, a Pooh coat rack, a cloth balloon hanging from her old room and a picture of a little girl standing in flowers from my room in the old place that she always liked. So that leaves the rest of the house.

I finally decided about what color I wanted my bathroom so Thursday night I went to buy some paint. I checked out the Disney paint by Behr, and found the perfect color. The name? Tinkerbell. It is a very pretty green, almost mint, just a tad brighter. Friday I was anxious to get started, so during B's nap I took everything off the walls, including part of the light fixture above the mirror, lightly sanded the walls, and wiped them down. Not only is this paint job nine years old, but it is that cheap flat paint. T went to spend the night at her Grammie's so after I put little B to bed, I went to work on the bathroom again. I managed to get the largest portion of walls painted, both coats. It looked great. I figured Saturday during nap I paint the other half of the room. Then Saturday night I could get the trim painted. By Sunday I would be putting up shelves, cabinets, and towel holders. Right?

Right?

Wrong.

I woke up Saturday sick. Stuffy head, sore throat, burning nose. The works. I decided to take it easy and do only what I had to. I spent most of the day reading while B watched TV and played. (Cell by Stephen King, most awesome.) I only had to go out to pick T up and pick a few things up at the store, and get dinner, cuz this chick wasn't cooking. So Sunday I should feel better, right?

Wrong.

I felt worse. Dozed on the couch while the kids watched TV half the day. I napped while B napped. I started feeling better after the nap and actually managed to get the dishes done. But there is no way that bathroom is getting done any day soon. *sigh* So I am showering in the girls shower indefinitely. The little Pooh and baby duck decals in their shower used to be cute. Now, they are just annoying.

I have before pictures of the bathroom. I will post them with finished pictures whenever I finish.

Oh, I put a new video up too. T was watching Spiderman II on HBO family, and it made me think of this song. Great music and Spiderman.

3 comments:

Xmichra said...

It's a great song, and I watched that movie today too!!
Hope you are feeling better soon.. trust me, i feel your pain!

Rae Ann said...

Oh, painting sucks! It might be the fumes from the paint that are making you feel worse. I hope you feel better soon!

bubbles said...

hope you are feeling better today.