Sunday, March 05, 2006

New Toy

Last weekend I started on my bathroom thinking it would only take a few days. Here it is a week later, and I am progressing rather slowly. The antibiotics I'm on are bringing me back to normal. So today I put a fresh coat of white paint on the baseboards on the side of the room I managed to get painted. I also have one new towel rack, and the toilet paper holder up.




So what about the new toy you ask?




Here it is:





A cordless drill. Not what you were expecting? Well, to put towel holders up correctly, you have to drill a hole and put anchors in first. That keeps it from falling out of the wall in a few weeks. It isn't very big, or powerful. Bigger doesn't mean better (well, except maybe ummm...nevermind). The important thing is that it is fairly light weight, meaning my girly wrists can hold it steady.




In other disappointing news, the medicine cabinet we rescued from our last place is messed up, so now I have to go buy a new one. I thought about getting one that sits on the floor, hanging those things is a pain in the ass. (I know, because I'm the one that hung that one in the old place.) But I really liked that one and it had an extra towel rack on the bottom. So I may just go buy another one just like it. I'm going hang the old one in the garage to keep stuff in. I don't like to waste stuff. Just because it isn't nice enough for my bathroom doesn't mean it won't be fine in the garage.

7 comments:

bubbles said...

i love getting new toys! so how much more do you lack before you are finished?

Rae Ann said...

I love my little Makita cordless drill! I hope your projects go better now!

truckdriver_sefl said...

Ya got to love getting new power tools:-}

Sar said...

We have one of those. What a timesaver! Bathroom's looking good there handy lady.

Anonymous said...

oooooo I love cordless drills!:)
bathroom looks nice too.
tc

Chris said...

Ooooh, very nice. Both the toy and your progress with the bathroom. I can't wait to see it finished!

Michael Lehet said...

What kind of "attachments" came with that thing?