Sunday, May 14, 2006

Awesome Weekend

Well I had a really good weekend! There was lots of family time and lots of fun (I love this song! hehe). Saturday afternoon I met up with my younger sister, we'll call Sassy, at the mall to pick up a graduation gift for our baby sister, we'll call Brat. It's her first grown up jewelry! Doesn't she have great big sisters? It was Sassy's idea, I have to give her credit for it. :)






Saturday evening they both came over after the Brat finished work so we could give it to her together.
Then the Brat spent the night with me and the girls. We watched "The Family Stone" very good movie! She went with us to the mountains Sunday. It was supposed to rain, but it was just cloudy, and very chilly!



We started out in Cades Cove so B could see some deer. Cades cove is a big loop road that you ride around. Last time we were up there she slept through it and missed them! She did get to see some this time. Three together fairly early on and one young buck on her side of the car pretty close up. There are also several interesting spots to stop and look at this cabin or that old church. We usually don't stop, but today we did.































We stopped at a large area with an old mill, a house, and some other stuff. At the back of this area there is a small creek that we crossed and found a quiet spot with another slightly larger creek.













After a quick early dinner of sandwiches in my favorite picnic spot, (very quick it was getting very chilly by then), we went down to Gatlinburg to shop around a bit. We stopped at the Celtic Shop first and I bought a new sticker for my car, the paper it came with calls it the World Tree. I had to put it in my front window, because all my others were too tinted for the colors to show through good.
We picked up a couple of goodies for the Brat, as well as the girls, and we all got treats at the Smokey Mountain Candy Makers shop. Gummy bears for the girls, chocolate covered peanuts and chocolate taffy for Mom. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! I LOVE that sticker! Very cool.

The area looks beautiful.

Xmichra said...

Glad you had such a great day! That necklace is beautiful.. reminds me of of jewlery made by a particular jewler. He makes things with spirit in mind.. this one reminds me of his called 'where the wind take s you'

The area you where in looks lovely. Very green. And the sticker is awesome!

You look fab I must say! And to be lighter of the two darker sisters must have cost ou a few jokes huh??

bubbles said...

sounds like a really good and HAPPY day for you. HAppy Mother's day!

Chris said...

Yay! Mountains!

Glad you got to do what you really wanted for Mother's Day and that your weekend was fun. :)

And I am super jealous of you and your mountains. Our woods aren't anywhere near as cool as yours.

Kelli said...

I loves Cades Cove..last time I was there it was all snowy. Hmm..I love chocolate taffy...

ghartstein said...

Glad it was a great weekend & mother's day! Sounds like a great escape...I wish I could take in a day in the mountains..or something! Glad you got to enjoy.

Sar said...

Gorgeous pictures yet again, Kat! I'd love to have that necklace for myself. :D

Glad to hear of the family fun.

Btw, my verifier is: sxfbetm

Sounds like an gambling S&M addict.