Friday, May 05, 2006

Fiction Friday

Continued from here.

Found

Julie had her friend Cara bring some of her own clothes and help her dress for the club. Cara didn't like that she wanted to go alone, but had learned after years of friendship, that once Julie decided something, there was no turning back.

She did agree to let Cara drop her off. "Call me every half hour. If you miss a call, I'm sending the police down there. This isn't the kind of club you are used to."

"I will, I promise." Julie told her as she got out in front of the club.

Once inside she found a table along the wall where she could watch the doors. The crowd was still fairly small, and there was no sign of Kieran yet. After a couple of hours, she finally saw him. He came in the door with three other guys, all of them dressed completely in black. They headed straight to the back corner of the club. She got up and slowly walked back to where they were sitting. She only went close enough for him to see her and waited until she caught his eye. He looked very surprised. Then she turned back towards the door and glanced back deliberately to make sure he followed.

Once outside she walked a block before turning to look for him. He wasn't there. She stood there a minute wondering what to do. She was sure he understood what she wanted him to do.

"What are you doing here?" Julie jumped as his voice came from behind her.

"Where did you come from?"

"The alley. I asked you a question." He stood several feet away from her and looked prepared to bolt if she went any closer.

"I was about to ask you that. I don't understand why you are here or why you left like you did. That isn't like you. If you don't want to be with me, you should tell me to my face."

"Fine, I don't want to be with you."

"Liar. I can see it in your eyes. You were always a terrible liar." Julie looked closer at him and thought he seemed thinner and pale.

He looked away from her. "You shouldn't be here it isn't safe. It doesn't matter what I want, we just can't be together anymore."

She moved toward him, but he moved away to get a passing cab. "I don't understand, and I deserve an explanation."

"Not tonight. I'll come to you later." She rushed to him and held him. He gripped her for a moment before moving her towards the cab.

"Go home. I'll come to you soon."

She told the driver where she lived and sat back. He did love her, she could see it, something was pulling him away. She thought about the meeting with him, how he avoided getting near her, and how cold he felt when she held him.

to be continued

6 comments:

bubbles said...

nicely done....i'll be waiting

Logophile said...

ooooo
I like it,
suspense!

Kelli said...

Im hooked..cant wait to read the rest..do you think we could have a fiction Monday? and then Tuesday...Wednesday... ;)

Chris said...

Yeah. Sign me up for Fiction All Week. This was a great chapter! Very nice building of suspense. An excellently crafted story.

So, yeah. Next chapter Monday, right? :)

Xmichra said...

Monday fiction sounds about right.. :)

truckdriver_sefl said...

your a very good writer:-}