Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Where the hell has Kat been for a week?

Aside from the few small posts I have made, I haven't posted in a week. I have made it around to most of my regular blogs, and even commented here and there, but my internet time has been in small bursts. Last week hubs decided that little B needed a tricycle. When I asked B what kind of bike she wanted, she replied without hesitation "princess bike". Now you mommies and daddies out there know that bikes are sized weird. This one is too small, she will outgrow it before summer, that one is too big, she can't reach the pedals yet. We went with the one that is a bit big. And yes, it has Disney Princesses on it.





Worried about spending too much time on the computer, I actually googled "online addiction" this weekend. And for the record, it wasn't my idea, someone even weirder than me came up with the idea. Anywhoo, the results I got were hilarious. At the top of the list was "The Center for Online Addiction". No, I'm not joking. And they have this online test to see if you have an internet addiction. I'm serious! I took it.

These were my results: You are an average online user. You may surf the web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

We all know how accurate these online tests are.






This last Saturday night was my oldest daughter's dance recital. She took tap and ballet this year. The theme of the recital was books. Her tap number was inspired by Madeline, and her ballet number was inspired by the book The Princess Bride. I didn't manage to get a picture of her in her tap costume, but will probably get her to put it on later for one. I have several good ones of her in the ballet costume. The end of show pictures even have her still in stage makeup and little B trying to figure out what's on big sister's eyes! She had a wonderful time, we are taking time off from dance this year, but she is already talking about what she wants to do when she gets back. The studio she takes class at has a dance company attached to it. We are going to try to go to both company shows as well as next years recital to keep her interested. I've talked with her teacher, she knows we are taking a break to prevent burnout. This was T's fifth dance recital, for those of you that don't know or don't remember, she won't be nine until Septemeber. We both need the break.



When T goes back, B may be old enough, or close to it to start! She wants to dance so bad, she has a little pair of white ballet slippers that went with her Halloween costume. She wears them around the house and Saturday night she wore them to T's show.





Sunday and Monday we lazed about the house avoiding holiday rush. We were supposed to get a bunch of cleaning and projects done, but you know how that goes. Tuesday we headed up to the mountains. I didn't realize how much little B enjoyed the mountains until we were almost up there and she yelled "found it! mountains!" She wanted to see a deer, and she got to in Cades Cove, just before it poured rain on us. We didn't make it to the stream to get our feet wet though because of the sporadic showers, but according to my car it was a good fifteen degrees cooler up there than down here and that alone was worth the trip. We grilled hotdogs and had a good family day.











Every so often I find a particular color following me around. This year it is a peachy orangey color. It started with my new fingernail polish called Sunset Prisms. Then I bought a new shirt that is a bit more orange than peach, but still in the same family. My new rose bush, that refuses to bloom so far, is a dark peachy color. So, sunset appears to be my color for the season. It coordinates well with my new purple summer slippers, don't you think?

10 comments:

Angela said...

The bike is just too cute :-) Love the fuzzy shoes too. Sounds like you have had a nice lil break :-)...Hope your feelin a bit refreshed...

Kelli said...

Beautiful pictures..the girls are adorable..the mountains are fabulous and orangy peach is my favorite color. Nice to have you back.. :)

Xmichra said...

You sound like you are becoming more comfortable with your habbits and fitting things together. I am realy happy for that Kat!

Your daughters are jsut beautiful. They look extreamely happy. Dancing is really good to get into.. hope little B can hold off until registration!

Day by Day said...

Your girls are just simply precious...

Glad you enjoyed your week away... ;)

Rae Ann said...

It sounds like you had a great break from the internet! I'm kind of doing that myself this week. Great pictures!

bubbles said...

neat post. great pics....my rose bush like yours has bloomed several times already and about to bloom again. I'll take a pic of it and deicate it to you! LOL!

GERBEN said...

Ahh, it's nice to see you back. I love the bike and all the pics. I just love pics!

-tnchick- said...

Love the photos... it sounds like you've been busy. I take small breaks from my PC, too... but since what I do is online and school keeps me preoccupied - - I can't go away for too long... hehe But, small breaks are good.

Johnnie Avocado said...

Oh My Goodness...the girls are adorable!! Awesome Family.

Sar said...

Lots going on in the world of Kat! Good to hear life is keeping you happy. Purple and polished piggies keep me happy! :)