Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Catching up

Saturday, I started working fixing up my office again. You may remember I painted it purple and organized my books a while back? Well I finally got a chance to work on it some more. It needed organization badly. I've thrown and given away tons of stuff and still have too much! Mostly craft and kid stuff. But this weekend I managed to get a lot of it organized. Of course, just when things were coming along, I had to stop for an interuption. My oldest wanted to go to Toysrus because they were doing a "decorate a Holly Hobby bandanna" thing. It's really cute. I have to go buy fabric markers now because she didn't have time to finish and of course, the store didn't have them. I'll post a picture of it once she finishes. While she was doing that little B and I went walking around and found a new kitty for her.




And a new kitty for me.




Jeffrey the big Toysrus giraffe was there. Poor B was scared to death of him! Oh well, I didn't think to take my camera anyway. She'll outgrow it and meet him another time.

Then we headed over to Petsmart for dog food, rabbit food, and cat litter. Borders is in the same little center, and I decided to pop in for a couple of travel guides for our road trip. We are leaving in just four weeks! I sent T over to the kids section and head for the travel section. On the way there I spot the book that comes before The DaVinci code. Well, I need that because I had started the Da Vinci code, then decided I wanted to read the other first, so I grabbed it. Then I was distracted by the Sci Fi/Fantasy section, but didn't buy anything there. Finally made it to the travel section. Do you know how much Frommer's travel guides are? I settled for a couple of pocket guides and took B to join T over in the kids section. T had a new Tinkerbell and friends chapter book she wanted and we found a Barney book for B. So I went in the bookstore for a couple of little travel guides and ended up spending $50. That's exactly why I don't go to bookstores more often.

We get home and I get started again only to realize after a while that I need more storage space. So out again we took a short trip to Walmart. I have this love/hate thing going with them. They are so convienent, when they aren't out of what I want! I found the little drawer cart I wanted only they didn't have the size I wanted. I settled for the next size down. We also picked up a couple of things I forgot when I got groceries. Oh and found some shoes in my new color. That peachy/orangy color like my sunset colored nail polish. Cute and comfy.





I worked on the office more on Sunday, it's almost where I want it. It really shouldn't be taking so long, but with all the kid interuptions, as well as the day to day stuff, dishes, pets, eating, etc. it is very slow going. I did get a bunch of laundry done too though. That's something I suppose.

Oh, and today is my sister's birthday, so Happy Birthday Sassy! She's 29 today! hehe. She's gonna kill me for posting that.

10 comments:

Xmichra said...

I personally can not stand those type of sandals.. they look fine on others. I am sure they look fine on me too. But I can't convince my brain that it doens't feel icky to have somehting between my toes!! I keep wiggling my toes and eventually rip the sandals off from crazy. heh. But the color is really you. :)

Logophile said...

Nice sandals, Kat!
I am not a hugely organized person but!
I love organizers, bins and filing systems and shelves and baskets, etc etc etc
I think I think if I just find the right system I will be organized.
I'll have to keep looking.

truckdriver_sefl said...

Dang you have been really busy!!

Pst! she's a cutie:-}

Michael Lehet said...

Happy Birthday Sassy! Are you really 29 or are you 29 forever like my sister?

Rae Ann said...

Cute shoes! It seems like every time I go to Walmart I end up with another pair of flip-flops. I'm obsessed or something with them. I asked my daughter's friend if you could ever have too many different kinds of flip-flops and she said no. LOL My kind of girl!

Happy Birthday to sis!

Unknown said...

Ebay that stuff, don't throw it away!

We so need to meet up at Turkey Creek someday and do some shopping or lunch once day. Have you been to World Market yet?

Kelli said...

Happy birthday to Sassy!

I need to reorganize so much of my house..but I have zero motivation.

Sar said...

See Kat, when your tootsies are happy, all is right in the world. ;)

Miz BoheMia said...

You are such an active and busy mama! I feel laaaaazyyy!

Oooh! Pretty toes! Fo' sho'!

Day by Day said...

Shoes look so comfy... :)

You have been one busy woman! :)