Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A story

My daughter just finished third grade. School let out a couple of weeks ago, and I just had time to go through some of her papers. She had a writing portfolio, and some of her stuff was really cute. I asked her if I could post one of her stories and she said yes. This one was written January 4, 2005. They were working on Transitional, which is the first, then, finally stuff. I left the punctuation the same as she had it. And when commenting keep in mind she isn't quite nine yet. ;)



Down in a Pit is a Spaceship
Hello, my name is Mallisa Love. One day I went to Outer Space. I want to tell you about it. First, I was only about seven years old when I fell into a pit. Next, when I got to the bottom of the pit there was a huge spaceship right in front of my face when I looked up! Then, I didn't know how to open it, so I kicked it and all of a sudden it opened up. Last, when it opened up steam came out of it! So I went inside of it. I saw hundreds of buttons everywhere! I didn't know which one to push first. I finally found the right button and pushed it. I pushed it and I went to space. It was so fun that day! The end.

11 comments:

bubbles said...

i can see her doing exactly what she wrote as this malissa love chick...LOL! Good story T!

Kelli said...

I love all the exclamation points! Tell her she did a great job and that I am super impressed!

Tamarai said...

Fabulous!!! This is too cute.

Chris said...

Awesome story! I think you have some competition for Fiction Friday. ;)

Rae Ann said...

Cute story! Runs in the family!

Michael Lehet said...

Uh oh, she's gonna have a blog by the time she's 10!

Great story!

Day by Day said...

Wonderful story.... tooo cute!

Angela said...

I just love, love, love, children's imaginations. That's where inventions start. :-)

kathi said...

Totally adorable. I think we still have that kind of imagination, we just don't share it anymore. :)

ghartstein said...

That's really cute. Reminds me of stuff I used to read when I taught third grade what seems like so long ago.

Xmichra said...

hehe.. what an imagination! Thats just too cool