Saturday, June 17, 2006

A Loquacious Post

I haven't posted anything of much substance in a while so I figured I would start a post and just babble about the last couple of days. Friday the girls let me sleep in a bit to make up for the sleep I missed on our trip. Little B spent a few hours at my Mom's while T and I ran to the store for a few things. Then we were home for a quick lunch and a couple of hours of quiet. I had planned to finish organizing my office, but spent a couple of hours surfing the internet instead. I intended to cut random surfing out, but I really didn't feel like doing anything else so that's what I did. Anyway, after a bit we went to pick up the toddler then picked the dog up at the vet where she had been staying while we were out of town. After dinner and the girls were in bed I retired to my room for some TV. Although, I can't remember now what I watched. Some reruns on USA probably.

Saturday came early although not as early as it should have. My Father-in-law had called me on Thursday evening to let me know they had planned breakfast at a park near their home. The girls and I were invited, breakfast would be served at 7am. Considering my girls don't wake up before 8 am and we live about an hour and a half away we were a bit late. Bubbles and her family didn't arrive until 9, my girls and I showed up just before 11. Well, at least we arrived while it was still morning. The girls had a good time. T caught a little fish in the little lake they have at the park. Both of the girls also got to feed some ducks and geese, including some babies. There was a little playground B played on with Bubble's youngest. She went down the huge slide four times even though I was sure she would be scared to death because it was so high up. Just after noon, everyone started packing up to leave. I took the girls to McDonald's for lunch. Poor little B was a terror, she was so sleepy. All that heat and running around playing really wore her out. She fell asleep before we got home. After transferring her to her bed, I took a bit of a nap myself.

I watched Casanova tonight. It got a little slow in the middle, but the ending really made up for it. An adorable little movie. I think it would be funnier after a couple of drinks though. hehe.

For Father's Day I am going to have the girls make a picture for their daddy, then take a picture of them holding it to email to him. We don't have a physical address for him yet, and it takes forever for stuff to get there anyway. While we are discussing Fathers, a big Happy Father's Day to all you Daddies out there.

Have you seen the commercials for the new Superman movie? One just came on TV. Seems like Superman is everywhere. He's even on my Pepsi cans. I have to admit, I've never been a big Superman fan, although I did see the old Christopher Reeve movies on cable as a kid. But the previews and commercial for this new one look pretty good. A good action movie is always fun to see in the theater.

I know I have that mentioned I'm going back to school in the fall. I'm really excited about it when I think on it. I'm hoping my classes won't be completely full of kids. I really need to get a few more acquaintances to go out with. People to catch a movie or grab a quick dinner with. Assuming I can find a babysitter. My mom will only keep them about once a week. She said she would also keep B while I take classes, but I may end up having to find someone else at least some of the days. Anywho, she hates to keep them at night. I told her she could simply put them to bed and sleep here, but she wants to go home afterwards and doesn't want to be out late. So my days are full of kids, errands, chores, and soon school. But school is a good thing. A chance to meet new people. Who knows, maybe one day soon, I will have too much of a social life to even have time to get on the computer.

Yeah, right.

4 comments:

ghartstein said...

I actually remember the old Steve Reeve as Superman movies...and I'm not THAT much older than you...am I?

Anonymous said...

welcome back kat!
I'm glad you are going to get out and take a class.
I hope everything works out for you.You are a wonderful sexy lady.
Better watch out for those youn-uns, you might find out you're more attractive then you realized.
:)
tc

Day by Day said...

Congrats on going back to school? What classes are you going to take? It's a big step... but what a wonderful thing!

Xmichra said...

sounds like a weekend full of plans. Did you get any tiem to yourself??

Great idea about the e-mail.I am sure the kids father enjoyed that.

Schooling is a gret thing and I hope you do well with it. I think It wold be a waste for me.. i have no attention span anymore. heh.

And I agree with TC's sentements.. better watch out for those college guys. You just never know!!