Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Me and my cop shows

Have you seen Law and Order? There are several different series now. Law and Order Special Victims Unit, and Law and Order Criminal Intent as well as the original. On the original Law and Order one of the original cops was a character named Detective Mike Logan. He was one of my absolute favorites along with his partner named Det. Lennie Briscoe who was played by Jerry Orbach who died two years ago. Jerry Orbach was a phenomenal actor. Another of my favorites was a young DA on the original series, Jill Hennessy. She is now the lead character on Crossing Jordan, which is another cop/forensic show.

Anyway, Det. Mike Logan is played by Chris Noth. Now in the original series he left because of a bad temper which got him into trouble and sent him off to some crappy cop assignment. In reality the actor Chris Noth was over on HBO playing Mr. Big on Sex in the City, which I didn't watch.

Well, Law and Order CI has become my favorite of the L&O trio. Mostly because of Vincent D'Onofrio who plays Det. Robert Goren a totally intense character who I can't help but love. Well last season they introduced a second pair of cops, one of which is my old favorite Logan, who is brought out of exile to this new unit where they give him and his temper a second chance. What brought me to this train of thought?

Well, I'm watching it tonight and Logan and his young partner are up for a meeting with bosses for possibly being in trouble. His young partner's file is a thin little folder, Logan's is this huge fat folder and it cracked me up.

I know, I'm weird. :P

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

I used to love Law and Order and CSI but lately I've been kind of addicted to the History Channel. I'm such a dork! lol

ghartstein said...

I still can't get enough L&O...it's playing upstairs in the living room right now on USA (CI with SVU to follow).