Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tired

I'm very tired. I have been working day shifts at work which is nice because I have more of my evenings back. The girl's bedtimes are back to normal too. Unfortunatly I am not a morning person. I am a night owl and even though I'm about to drop now, by the time the kids are in bed and I can settle down (around 9ish) I'll be wide awake.

Tomorrow my manager has me scheduled 8-8 to help with an inventory. Yes, I said 8-8. Twelve hours. I will get my kids up tomorrow morning, and drop them off at Bubble's house, she's going to take them with her to her church. Then when my mom gets home she's going to take them to her. Really, who would watch my kids for twelve freaking hours?!?!? *ahem* Anyway, by the time I pick them up from my mom's it will be just after bedtime, so I will just bring them home and put them to bed. My manager is nuts. Did I mention our store is only open 11-7 on Sundays? I get that she needs me early for inventory. What I don't get is why I have to stay so late. Why not 8-5 or 8-4. I get an hour lunch, which is good, because I'm pretty sure if I don't run home and let my dog out, that she will explode before that night. Twelve hours. I've never worked that long before. Not on my feet, and we aren't allowed to wear tennis shoes! I'm thinking of wearing them anyway and daring her with my smartassiest look to say something. hehe.

I only work one Sunday a month, and inventories are rare. I got a call last night from a lady at my mom's church, she wants the girls to come be in the pageant again this year. Sunday evenings 5ish for an hour or so. She's known me most of my life so she doesnt even care that we almost never go to church anymore. My mom told her that I'm back in school and working too. She even offered to drive the girls because she lives near us. I'm not sure little B would go for that though.

Speaking of Little B, we are potty training still. She uses the potty some, but won't always go when we ask. She has even gone at publc toilets a couple of times and stayed dry. Some mornings she wakes up dry and asks to go. The other day I tried to get her to go to the potty, "no, i don't have to potty" she said. About ten minutes later she got this distant look on her face then grinned and said "i peed in my pullup!" *sigh* I put panties on her for a while today. She peed in the floor, but she seemed surprised and not real happy, so hopefully if I keep her in panties while she plays she will go potty more.

Ok, well, between the huge shift tomorrow and school monday and morning shift on Tuesday and school on Wednesday I may not be around much. I have Thursday off, my manager did cut one of my weekdays out like I asked. I'm going to take little B to Storytime at the library and do something with her at home too before we go get our groceries. I miss her this week. I will try to make my rounds of everyone's blog here and there, and may post something short if I can. I'm not sure about another Fiction Friday this week yet. Maybe.

Oh yeah, and I know I've had the same song here for a while, but I really love it. It's my favorite Madonna song ever. So, it may be around a while longer. Here's the lyrics:


This used to be my Playground
Madonna

This used to be my playground [used to be]
This used to be my childhood dream
This used to be the place I ran to
Whenever I was in need
Of a friend
Why did it have to end
And why do they always say

Dont look back
Keep your head held high
Dont ask them why
Because life is short
And before you know
Youre feeling old
And your heart is breaking
Dont hold on to the past
Well thats too much to ask

(long and movie versions only:)

(chorus)

(chorus)

No regrets
But I wish that you
Were here with me
Well then theres hope yet
I can see your face
In our secret place
Youre not just a memory
Say goodbye to yesterday [the dream]
Those are words Ill never say [Ill never say]

This used to be my playground [used to be]
This used to be our pride and joy
This used to be the place we ran to
That no one in the world could dare destroy

(short and movie versions only:)

This used to be our playground [used to be]
This used to be our childhood dream
This used to be the place we ran to
I wish you were standing here with me

This used to be our playground [used to be]
This used to be our childhood dream
This used to be the place we ran to
The best things in life are always free
Wishing you were here with me

No comments: