Friday, January 20, 2006

Bitch

I was sitting in my car last night waiting for T to get out of ballet class, and I start looking at the cds in my car. Here are a few titles:

Evanescence ~ Fallen
Nickelback ~ The Long Road
The Essential Bangles
Simple Plan ~ Still not getting any...
One homemade cd with Creed, Greenday, 3 Doors Down, and Sugar Ray
Enya ~ A Day Without Rain
Enya ~ Memory of Trees
Norah Jones~ Come Away With Me
The Very Best of Randy Travis
The Very Best of Sheryl Crow
The Grease Soundtrack

AND

A Meredith Brooks cd I bought just for the song Bitch, because it is soooo me!

What cds are in your car??


Lyrics to Bitch

I hate the world today
You're so good to me I know but I can't change
tried to tell you but you look at me like maybe I'm an angel
underneath
innocent and sweet
Yesterday I cried
You must have been relieved to see the softer side
I can understand how you'd be so confused
I don't envy you
I'm a little bit of everything
all rolled into one

Chorus: I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your health, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way

So take me as I am
This may mean you'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that when I start to make you nervous
and I'm going to extremes
tomorrow I will change
and today won't mean a thing

Chorus

Just when you think you've got me figured out
the season's already changing
I think it's cool you do what you do
and don't try to save me

Chorus

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease
I'm a goddess on my knees
when you hurt, when you suffer
I'm your angel undercover
I've been numbed, I'm revived
can't say I'm not alive
You know I wouldn't want it any other way

5 comments:

Chris said...

Liz Phair - Somebody's Miracle
Juliana Hatfield - Made in China
Bettie Serveert - Dust Bunnies
The Olympic Hopefuls - The Fuses Refuse to Burn
Jinxed - Beyond the Obvious
Tsunami Bomb - The Definitive Act
Zoloff the Rock and Roll Destroyer - Popsicle
One True Thing - Finally
Sunny Day Real Estate - The Rising Tide

And a bunch of random mix CDs.

Xmichra said...

I have a ton of mixes (most recient were ones sent to my by Michael), and these:

Tori Amos (five or six cd's of her)
Concrete Blonde - best of
madonna - confessions on a dance floor
Gwen Steffani - L.A.M.B.
The blood hound gang - one fierce beer coaster
Creed - human clay
Eminem - the curtain show
Gabber - greetings from Rotterdam

and a few others.. but I shuffle in the player, so it's a surprize when there is a CD i forgot about!

bubbles said...

nice... ilike it

Rae Ann said...

I love that song too! And I can't remember all the cds in my car, but I know I've got Gwen Stefani's Love,Angel.Music.Baby and Sheryl Crow's greatest hits.

Michael Lehet said...

I have 8915 songs on my iPod I can't choose any longer!