Saturday, January 21, 2006

Movie Review

Tonight I went to see Underworld Evolution. I absolutely loved it. If you haven't seen the first Underworld, why the hell not? Go rent it. Then go see this one. If you have already seen the first one you could re-watch or not. They do a pretty good job of recapping with out boring us to death at the beginning.

Kate Beckinsale plays Selene, a vampire who kicks ass most awesomely while retaining her beauty, grace, and femininity. Scott Speedman plays Michael who at the end of the first Underworld became a hybrid vampire/lycan (werewolf) mix. To use Selene's word, he is "unique". This movie picks up right where the last one left off. Michael is new to the immortal world, although he is a quick study and kicks some serious ass himself. I don't want to spoil anything, so I will stop there. I do feel the need to warn everyone that this one was a bit more gross than the last one. Including one scene where half the audience (including me) uttered a collective "uuuhhhh". It was great.

There were also a couple of pretty good looking previews. One I hadn't heard of before. It was called Ultraviolet. I want to see it, if I can find someone to go see it with. They also had a preview for the new Xmen movie. It comes out in May, and I can't wait to see Hugh Jackman in his most sexy role as Wolverine, kicking ass.

Oh, did I mention that Underworld Evolution has a love scene in it? A very nice love scene. Go see it!


Scott Speedman and Kate Beckinsale

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the first one, it's good to hear it's not suffering from sequel-itis.
Looking forward to seeing it, thanks for the review.
tc

Xmichra said...

Same here TC, i loved the frst one.. and tat is the kind of review that makes me want to see the sequel. I would totally go to the movies with you if i lived by you! I would like too see x-men 2, and I haden't heard of te other one before.. but it looks good too.

BTW - I like the song, Amy Lee has an axazing voice.

Xmichra said...

I don't see anything between the paragraphs (on my site).. what exactly are you talking about??

Chris said...

I haven't seen the first one, which is surprising, as a hot girl kicking ass in tight PVC, and vampires fighting werewolves should be a no-brainer for me.

Maybe I'll wait until the new one is out on DVD and watch them both together.

Great review, though. Made me want to see the movie.

bubbles said...

not my kinda thing....sorry chic!