Thursday, January 19, 2006

Why Parents Drink

I got this in an email, and it was too funny not to share here!


The boss of a large company, needing to talk to one of his employees about an urgent computer problem, phoned the employee's home and was greeted with a child's whisper. "Hello." "Is your daddy home?" he asked."Yes," whispered the small voice."May I talk with him?"The child whispered, "No."Surprised, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?""Yes.""May I talk with her?"Again the small voice whispered, "No."Hoping there was someone with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, "Is anyone else there?""Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman."Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?""No, he's busy ", whispered the child."Busy doing what?""Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman," came the whispered answer. Growing increasingly more concerned as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the earpiece on the phone the boss asked, "What is that noise?""A hello-copper." answered the whispering voice."What is going on there?!?" asked the boss, now truly alarmed. In an awed whisper the child answered, "The search people just landed their hello-copper."Alarmed, concerned, and more than just a little frustrated the boss asked, "What are they searching for?"Still whispering, and with a muffled giggle, the young voice replied:"ME!!"

6 comments:

Chris said...

That is too funny. And yeah, I can certainly see my kid doing that.

Chris said...

Oh, and I love the new profile pic. ;)

bubbles said...

i had read this before you emailed me but still a funny little antic!.....I think I can see my own boys doing that!

Mike said...

Pretty funny!

Xmichra said...

haha.. that would SO be a spank on the butt for my child..ha!

Love the new pic, the song.. and well I just love your page. ;)

Michael Lehet said...

Ha ha thanks for the giggle!