Saturday, January 07, 2006

My new toy!

This is my new toy! Only mine doesn't have that little stand it is sitting on. It has a flexable clip for a flat lcd screen.




















The reason I have this nifty little toy is that my husband is changing jobs and he will be going overseas in about a month. He has one for his laptop so me and the girls can chat with him free on the computer. He is going to be gone for a year, maybe two, but he gets to come home for two weeks every three months.

Here is my first picture taken with the webcam:

My daughter's Barbie is filling in for me because I had a bad hair day. The blanket is on the chair because leather is cold! Not to mention one of my cats has a leather fetish. He scratches anything leather or leatherish.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I can't believe you hubby's gonna be gone for so long.

I hope we can help you make it through those rough stretches while he's gone.

Hang in there sweetie, we'll be here for ya, ok?

Xmichra said...

I had the exact same thoughts as TC!! Day or night the internet is always there for you Kat!!

Why does he have to go overseas?? Is this a have to, or a want too?? My husband went 2.5 hours away for 2 months and I thought I would die... NOT that you should feel like that (or will), but I really didn't think It would effect me at all (I am a stubborn one). So we have since then made an agreement to never do that again.

purplesime said...

Sorry to hear hubby is going away for sooooooo long. Wow. I don't think I could be apart from my wife (to be, in about a eight weeks!) for that long. However, we don't have a webcam.

Where is he going to be in the world?

Glad he gets to come home every two weeks or so. Can't imagine you'll be posting much while he's back! ;)

And lastly, thanks for the comment today.

Be smiley.

purplesimon out...

Kat said...

Thank you for your thoughts. He is going to Iraq. He took a job as an EOD tech with a company that contracts all over the world, he chose Iraq. This contract is through DOD. His job is partly to help train other's and partly to blow up ordinance (mines, bombs, etc.) that is found in his area.

purplesime said...

Whoa, that's not some easy kind of job.

Fuck! I am, as they say in England, gob-smacked.

I wish him, and you, all the best over the next year or so. I don't know what else to say.

purplesimon out...

Michael Lehet said...

Wow....that's gonna be a long time apart, but with the internet you will be able to keep in touch.

Rae Ann said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope he'll stay safe there! He's brave.

Sar said...

Aw, I want to see you!