Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby!

My Winter Baby!
When she was born (via cesarean) she sucked in fluid when she went to take her first breath. They cleaned and wrapped her up and the nurse brought her to me to kiss, then she was wisked away to the nursery. This was at noon. She had to be under an oxygen hood the rest of the day and they thought they would have to send her the Children's because her oxygen level was too low. Daddy could see her, but I couldn't leave my bed because of dizziness. Late that night when she was the only baby in the nursery, the nurses let big sister go in and talk to her. Her oxygen level jumped! Soon after that it was high enough for them to let her come to me ten hours after she was born. Her oxygen level improved even more after that and by the next morning she was fine. We just had to be extra careful that winter because she was more prone to colds and infections.

It was snowing when we brought her home from the hospital.




Looking cute.


















Being silly.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Awww.

Awwwww.

And more AWWWWWWWW!

She is so CUTE! I hope she's having the best birthday ever. :)

Michael Lehet said...

Happy Birthday to Kat's Baby!

Scott & Julia said...

Aww, what a cutie! And the HNT pic below is so adorable! Happy New Year and Happy HNT!

Angela said...

Happy B-Day Little one :-)

Xmichra said...

I think I like non-fiction friday a little better than fiction friday!! That was a great tale of life, and I hope you tow enjoy her birthday even more than ever!!

Rae Ann said...

Happy Birthday to a cutie! My oldest turns 10 this month. Time flies! They don't stay little long.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday dear sweet one.
you are truly blessed kat.
thanks so much for showing us her pictures....so cute.