Monday, April 10, 2006

Frazzled

Ok, hubs is coming home sooner than we expected, at the end of May. That gives me a month and a half to prepare and plan and budget a vacation. Oh, and he reminded me also I have to budget for those two weeks he won't get paid for.

So the trip to London is obviously postponed now. I'm actually relieved, I wasn't really looking forward to that sort of trip with a two year old. I am now looking at vacation ideas closer to home. The beach, or maybe Disney World again. I'd really love to go to Disney World, but this is all going to be just days after school ends and dance recital is over and the next month and a half is really going to be busy, busy, busy already without me having to plan, budget, and pack for three people to go on a trip. I would sort of like to go somewhere I can rest for vacation. Then again, with two kids how will I get any rest no matter where we go. Maybe I should leave them all here and run away for a few days alone.

If anyone has any vacation ideas for a frazzled family on a tight budget, please share!

And staying home isn't an option, there isn't enough here to keep hubs entertained.

12 comments:

truckdriver_sefl said...

Hmmmmmmmmm??? Ok well I will tell you what we used to love to do when our kids were smaller.

We always went to the Rocky Mountains. We loved it there. Colorado Springs is just beautiful. Pikes Peaks is close by the Olympic Training Center is there as well. Lots of theings for the kids to do.............good luck!

Chris said...

What about camping? You have plenty of places close by, it's cheap and you can relax while your husband takes the kids out for a romp in the woods. :)

Chris said...

I would also suggest New York City, which is very nice in spring and early summer. But, while there would be plenty for you, your husband and your eldest to do, there isn't much interesting for little ones.

Rae Ann said...

Look into a cruise. They offer some pretty good deals and most cruise lines have kids' programs that give the parents a little alone time. I'm not sure how much Disney cruises are compared to others, but we've been talking about trying one sometime. And you kind of get that Disney experience without having to go to Disney World.

Anonymous said...

I definitely think someplace by the beach would be nice.You all need family time together.

ummmm, I would think having you around kat would be entertaining for any guy.(wink).

Kelli said...

I dont have much for ideas (my fam vacations were always to east tennessee!)

I have heard that the disney cruises are really cool..

good luck...

ghartstein said...

I do,,,,but they're all in Cali! I'm totally with ya on the get away alone thing....and I DONT have kids! *sigh*

-tnchick- said...

Happy to hear he is coming home sooner! I'm not helpful with ideas tho... beach, mountains - it's all good to me.

Miz BoheMia said...

My brain is fried as for truly good ideas... Maui came to mind because back in the day we used to get awesome deals to go there... and then there is always San Francisco but you won't get much sun there!! *sigh*

Michael Lehet said...

Dollywood!

The Village Idiot said...

you said disney world on a budget?Yellowstone/Jackson Hole are great places however probablly a bit far for a road trip.

word veri -- ldiporci..dip and pig in the same word veri?

bubbles said...

well i won't bore you with my ideas of a vacation but I think a PJ party is a great way to come up with some ideas don't you?? And Mad Bomber.....Spell check much?? I haven't ever tent camped either....WE have a cabin! Which btw mad bomber....aka Mr. KAT.... KAt and I stayed in...ALONE, NO MEN...except for my boys...and I really don't think that Kat needs a luxury RV as you say.