Friday, April 21, 2006

Pilates

I used to do Pilates a lot. I took a class for nine months before I became pregnant with little B (she's the 2 year old). I loved it. Not only did I get in shape, I became even more flexable than I am nautrally. Another perk is how you become aware of all the different parts of yourself. I felt I was flowing more than moving. Well, my teacher who I loved, moved back to California for family reasons. The girl who took over seemed to think Pilates was a different form of aerobics, and I soon quit. I have several tapes to work out to, but haven't used them in a while. Today I did and found out that I'm not so much out of shape as I thought. Now if I can just develop the habit of doing it regularly and stick with it!

Well, that's all. I was just proud of me and wanted to share! :)

If you haven't read my Fiction Friday yet, go down to the next post and check it out.

3 comments:

-tnchick- said...

Way to go! I've never done Pilates... well, I don't do much of anything -but have heard great things about it.

Miz BoheMia said...

YAY! I am an Ashtanga Yoga Instructor and would go nuts if I don't get my daily fix... one day I couldn't breathe (and no breath = no yoga! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!) and tried aerobics and the fact that the upper body was not used drove me nuts and after 5 minutes off went the tape... never again!

What I love about Ashtanga is how every move has purpose and flow so I can relate! Glad you are getting back into it!

Xmichra said...

good for you Kat!!

And just fyi on that grid test thing, i couldn't get mine to work either. I think I just used the image src to put it on my page. they had that function if you clicked on the 'full html code' link and scrolled all the way down. Too bad, i would have liked the explaination.. but i was far to tired to do anything about it.