Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day!

Go here for neat Earth Day information.

Ok, so I was in a good mood, minding my own business the other day, when it hits me. My birthday is coming up soon. In less than two weeks actually. I will be 34 on May 3rd. This year has been an interesting year. I knew it would be. I remember thinking, 33 will be different. Boy was it! I have met so many new wonderful friends, and changed so much as a person. Hubs is going to send me to the spa for my birthday. Just a day thing, massage and facial. He doesn't know, I haven't told him yet. My Aveda spa. I love Aveda.

Anyway, on to other things. We finally decided what to do for vacation when he comes in at the end of May. We are going to stay close to home. A few days in the mountains, or maybe just a couple of day trips. There is an aquarium up there and lots of shopping, as well as the whole "nature" thing. I'm actually taking the girls and our golden up there tomorrow, weather permitting, for a picnic. We also want to get the girls a new swingset. The one we have is the metal kind, and it looks pathetic after two year. I would like to get one of the nice wood ones, to last a while now that I am not expecting to move again.

I was also thinking I should plan some sort of trip for just me and the girls later in the summer. I hate to go through all of June and July as well as part of August without some sort of trip. I thought about a beach trip, we haven't been to a beach in 6 years. Little B has never been and T was B's age when we lived near one for a year. Then I thought, wouldn't it be fun to take one of those trips where you hit this spot for a couple of days, then move on to there for a few more, and spend a week or two just traveling. ROAD TRIP! So, I'm going to start planning that soon. I need to find out when T starts school back. AND....

I am going back to college in the fall, so I need to see when that starts too! Ok, enough rambling for now.

5 comments:

Xmichra said...

what are you going to school for??

bubbles said...

i think you need to lay off of the jelly beans! LOL!

Kat said...

English, creative writing concetration.

ghartstein said...

I could REALLY use a good road trip right about now!

Logophile said...

Aveda salon spa...mmmmmmmmm.
Happy Birthday to you!
Road trip does sound good, it is that time of year.